ADVERTISEMENT

Any word yet as to which bowl game we're gonna lose?

Chip and Wes were talking about NIU, Buffalo, or Appy State as possible opponents. We get boat raced by all 3 of those teams.

Tulane is beatable though

I was hearing during the game that if we lost, New Orleans was a lock. FWIW

Honestly don't give a shit. Bowl games are rewards for the season and reward for the senior. The season is over. You either win a championship or you don't. Bowl games don't mean anything anymore unless you're playing in the playoffs.

I have a donation drawn on my account every month. If I want to complain I will complain.

If you pay for a shirt and it doesn't fit are you the type of person who wears it and doesn't return it? Or do you take it back since you paid good money for it? If you don't think this is a sport and college football is a business I've got news for you----it is. And frankly business ain't so good today.

We need band wagon fans anyway. I'd love some. I'd love everyone to root for us.

Gotta The Bahamas or Hawaii so CM and SM can reward this staff and their families for a “job well done!”

While Memphis brass reward their fans and families with a trip to ............wait for it......

That's right Memphis.... The Birmingham Bowl. Clap Clap

Now that is a ticket you can frame for that trophy case in the "Franklin Office"

#E.A.T.T

I have a donation drawn on my account every month. If I want to complain I will complain.

If you pay for a shirt and it doesn't fit are you the type of person who wears it and doesn't return it? Or do you take it back since you paid good money for it? If you don't think this is a sport and college football is a business I've got news for you----it is. And frankly business ain't so good today.

We need band wagon fans anyway. I'd love some. I'd love everyone to root for us.
I also have a donation taken out of my account every month. If you want it back take it back and go get another product. Nothing is wrong with people being upset. I am upset, but to assume we are going to lose whatever bowl we play is dumb. We played a 10 win team two weeks in a row. We win by 24 the first one and lose by two the second one. The sky is not falling. We need fans like you that are willing to donate their time and money and yes some that will come to games when we win. After today it does not feel like it matters how much we win. As Wiley said bowl games do not matter outside the playoff. I do not agree with that, but if you do then you are cheering for the wrong team. A G5 team will not sniff the playoff. UCF is showing us that. This just sucks but I will be back next year and the year after and forever. I hope everyone else will too.

I also have a donation taken out of my account every month. If you want it back take it back and go get another product. Nothing is wrong with people being upset. I am upset, but to assume we are going to lose whatever bowl we play is dumb. We played a 10 win team two weeks in a row. We win by 24 the first one and lose by two the second one. The sky is not falling. We need fans like you that are willing to donate their time and money and yes some that will come to games when we win. After today it does not feel like it matters how much we win. As Wiley said bowl games do not matter outside the playoff. I do not agree with that, but if you do then you are cheering for the wrong team. A G5 team will not sniff the playoff. UCF is showing us that. This just sucks but I will be back next year and the year after and forever. I hope everyone else will too.

Today is the ceiling man. I get that. I just want better for the program. There is no sky. The ceiling is winning the conference and going 10-2. He's not taking us there. Today proved that more than ever. Coaching he can't do it. He's a great guy. Great character. But Western don't care. They got conf titles. We didn't care when we hired Kermit. (I'm talking baggage). Take a damn chance is all I'm saying. We've been doing this dance for 13 years and how is it any better? I'll support and I'll voice my opinion. I believe what I am saying is something MT could do. Do I say we go undefeated and hire Kliff Kingsbury....no.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
While Memphis brass reward their fans and families with a trip to ............wait for it......

That's right Memphis.... The Birmingham Bowl. Clap Clap

Now that is a ticket you can frame for that trophy case in the "Franklin Office"

#E.A.T.T

Already have a hotel room booked in anticipation of the short drive down 65 from “the office”.
:)

#E.A.T.T.

Name Brent offensive coordinator for the bowl game, at least there'd be an interesting storyline...

Today is the ceiling man. I get that. I just want better for the program. There is no sky. The ceiling is winning the conference and going 10-2. He's not taking us there. Today proved that more than ever. Coaching he can't do it. He's a great guy. Great character. But Western don't care. They got conf titles. We didn't care when we hired Kermit. (I'm talking baggage). Take a damn chance is all I'm saying. We've been doing this dance for 13 years and how is it any better? I'll support and I'll voice my opinion. I believe what I am saying is something MT could do. Do I say we go undefeated and hire Kliff Kingsbury....no.

Massaro didn't hire Kermit. He did hire Stockstill. I have no confidence in him to hire anyone better than Stock. He hired this new BB coach and I'm definitely not impressed whatsoever. We have to stop thinking that a new coach is going to solve anything. A new president, AD, and coach might but you'll die from holding your breath waiting on that tri-fecta to occur.

Name Brent offensive coordinator for the bowl game, at least there'd be an interesting storyline...

I wouldn't mind that at all actually. If he's willing to be up in the box, I'm fine. The more realistic scenario is that he could be our next QB coach. He has a masters. He's ready to be hired. He might flirt with the NFL but when that crashes, he has a shot at being our QB coach. Go for it.

I wouldn't mind that at all actually. If he's willing to be up in the box, I'm fine. The more realistic scenario is that he could be our next QB coach. He has a masters. He's ready to be hired. He might flirt with the NFL but when that crashes, he has a shot at being our QB coach. Go for it.

I agree with you, I was really just talking about the bowl game specifically. Name him co-offensive coordinator even, but we can worry about whether or not he has a shot at a NFL camp or what permanent position he might take with our staff after this meaningless bowl game.

Honestly with the type of player he is, the resume he has, his reputation and dad being, as best as I can tell well liked and well respected in coaching circles, Brent could get a GA position(as if he needs another degree) literally anywhere in the country.

I'd like to see him on a staff for Saban, Swinney, Smart, Petersen, et al for a few years before he really gets on his climb up the coaching ranks.

It's not one game unfortunately.

It's years and years and years of "that one game".

Years and years and years of "if/but only for this one thing or that one thing"

I'm not into stacking years when it comes to sports other than
I agree with you, I was really just talking about the bowl game specifically. Name him co-offensive coordinator even, but we can worry about whether or not he has a shot at a NFL camp or what permanent position he might take with our staff after this meaningless bowl game.

Honestly with the type of player he is, the resume he has, his reputation and dad being, as best as I can tell well liked and well respected in coaching circles, Brent could get a GA position(as if he needs another degree) literally anywhere in the country.

I'd like to see him on a staff for Saban, Swinney, Smart, Petersen, et al for a few years before he really gets on his climb up the coaching ranks.

I think that's why his dad is staying on if he does. He wants to coach with his son. I would if I had a son who loved the game as much as me.

Apparently the story is that UAB is choosing Boca over NO, due to a conflict with a basketball game, Boca a different date

Apparently the story is that UAB is choosing Boca over NO, due to a conflict with a basketball game, Boca a different date

I recall this coming up a few weeks ago, IIRC they have a MBB home game with Auburn and don't want a fractured fanbase.

I recall this coming up a few weeks ago, IIRC they have a MBB home game with Auburn and don't want a fractured fanbase.

That happened with the bowl in montgomery and a mbb game in b'ham against auburn. Might have gone to both, ended up going to neither and watching on tv

That happened with the bowl in montgomery and a mbb game in b'ham against auburn. Might have gone to both, ended up going to neither and watching on tv

We had a big WBB the same day as our NOLA bowl in 2009, Jeff Hendrix and a few other big donors did both by use of a private jet I believe.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We had a big WBB the same day as our NOLA bowl in 2009, Jeff Hendrix and a few other big donors did both by use of a private jet I believe.

I'm not sure about the jet, but I do recall them having a viewing party at the team hotel in New Orleans. We played WKU and it was televised. They put it up on a big screen in a conference room.

Just booked our rooms for 12/12-16 at the Crown Plaza on Canal, same hotel we stayed at in ‘09. Right around the corner from Bourbon Street. So glad UAB had a basketball conflict.

I'd never heard of a player losing eligibility before the end of the season, but also don't remember having one so close to AARP eligibility

I think it was hypothetical after the season once Brent is done with Football and not this season. At least that is how I interpreted it.

ADVERTISEMENT