ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Another instance of the lack of leadership in Murphy Ctr.

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Do they care about the fans? Do they not have a responsibility to report on a missing game some of us were looking forward to?
Not one damn word from anyone on GoBlueRaiders.com about today's cancellation of the women's game not to mention the whole tournament. A heading about spring sports being suspended but that's it. Nothing on the WGNS website and of course the DNJ article (if it is one) is behind a paywall.
I don't care what you think about the games being cancelled, that's not the issue. The issue is that there isn't one word from the AD, none from Insell, and not any reflections from the players. Our only senior, Charity Savage, must be heartbroken not to play in the tournament. I would like to hear from her along with other members of the team.
For those who were listening on broadcast radio; Did Palmer come on and make the announcement so fans wouldn't be kept waiting wondering if the broadcast was the problem? Was there a pre-game? There was just clear air on the streaming site when I tuned in.
A big part of my issue is that I'm poed that it took me several minutes to do the research to find out the game had been cancelled but regardless, once again the ball has been dropped in The Boro.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I am pretty disgusted by the whole panic driven thing. Medical precautions are one thing, legal, civic precautions another, but a lot of this, IMO, is driven by a herd mentality by bureaucrats. As one who tends to be a skeptic of a lot of things in the public arena, I am constantly amazed by the lack of facts, misreporting, and accuracy of things reported that when you look into the sources, CDC, WHO, etc don't match the hair on fire panic you see on the boob tube.

I hate all the crap that hurts student athletes whose hard work to be the best they can be and those efforts effectively thrown in the dumpster. If I were one of those who bought ticket packages, booked and paid for flights, hotel rooms, took time off from work, I would be extremely pissed. I'm not happy I have a stack of baseball season tickets that now are worthless.

Safety and well being of the coaches, staff, and student athletes is of course the key priority, and while not questioning the motivations/good intentions of decision makers I really do think this is over the top, driven by fear whipped up by those who are never really held to account.

As far as the whole lack of information to fans, I was getting into my car and going home hoping to catch the game and caught the tale end of what Dick Palmer was saying and thought the whole fiasco and relationship with fans which is all ready more near terminal than this epidemic will be.

As a result of all this, there are impacts to the future of education, institutions, beyond athletics which we are likely to see play out.

Last edited:
I was also thinking about my baseball tickets sitting on top of my dresser at home. Surely, those who bought season tickets this year will be comped for next season. If not, then just another example of ineptitude within our athletic department.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Finally an article up on GoBlueRaiders.com on the impact of the coronavirus on MT athletics. Included are comments from the spring sports' impacted coaches but nothing, so far, from Insell or any of the BkB ladies (the impetus for me starting this thread).
Gotta say that I was probably too harsh on the athletic dept. in starting this thread. From Masarro's comments the entire staff was busy taking care of athletes and related issues. I can understand communications with fans would be far down the list of priorities.

Finally an article up on GoBlueRaiders.com on the impact of the coronavirus on MT athletics. Included are comments from the spring sports' impacted coaches but nothing, so far, from Insell or any of the BkB ladies (the impetus for me starting this thread).
Gotta say that I was probably too harsh on the athletic dept. in starting this thread. From Masarro's comments the entire staff was busy taking care of athletes and related issues. I can understand communications with fans would be far down the list of priorities.

https://goblueraiders.com/news/2020...from-director-of-athletics-chris-massaro.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT