ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Another Departure

I don't think the effort was there to play for the Lady Raiders. She will do OK at South Alabama. The talent level has jumped the last recruiting period and she would not have gotten the PT with what is coming in.

So both of the tall ladies (Davis and Kara Meadows) we brought in a couple of years ago as ballyhooed recruits left the program without making any contribution.
Gotta hope the addition of Matt will (presumably already has) improve evaluation of and the signing of players but just how far he can help us is in question with his lack of success as a HC. It's clear the roster had received an almost complete revamping since his arrival. Perhaps a poster much more knowledgeable can explain how someone who failed spectacularly at Ole Miss can be the savior at MT. With his success as an assistant at UK could it be that his personality is more suited to being an assistant perhaps?

Don't think Davis got much of a chance...of course I am not in practice but not sure how she could have been worse than some who played. Meadows was nothing but a "big body" with no speed and little athletic ability...she was just so much taller than girls she played against in a lower division in high school that she scored a lot of points just by getting the ball inside and shooting without having to move much.

So both of the tall ladies (Davis and Kara Meadows) we brought in a couple of years ago as ballyhooed recruits left the program without making any contribution.
Gotta hope the addition of Matt will (presumably already has) improve evaluation of and the signing of players but just how far he can help us is in question with his lack of success as a HC. It's clear the roster had received an almost complete revamping since his arrival. Perhaps a poster much more knowledgeable can explain how someone who failed spectacularly at Ole Miss can be the savior at MT. With his success as an assistant at UK could it be that his personality is more suited to being an assistant perhaps?

I think Matt jumping straight to the SEC and a terrible Ole Miss squad was his undoing, while at Kentucky they had some of there best players come in. If he could've started at a Mid Major he would've been better served.

Ole Miss had not been a huge factor in wbb in awhile. Miss State seems to done far better in recent years. Ole Miss probably wasn't the best move for any young coach at the time.

I think we can say that the poor recruiting the past few years before Matt got here led to the gambling on a number of players that were big height AND weight wise. That gamble never really paid off.

Excited about the talent infusion, but more than a little leery about a similar gamble with transfers who had various issues at their initial stops in college basketball. Hopefully the coaching staff can keep the players focused without old behaviors returning.

Yep. The talent infusion should, key word, pay big dividends. UK with Matt on the staff as an assistant was fantastic. They haven't been as hot since he left.

ADVERTISEMENT