ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Another commit…

This is a great pickup. These are the type of local battles I want to see us winning in the future.

Just getting a new offensive coordinator in the door has really breathed some life into our program. We have three excellent commits thus far. This Connard kid has another gear. Hope it sticks.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Just getting a new offensive coordinator in the door has really breathed some life into our program. We have three excellent commits thus far. This Connard kid has another gear. Hope it sticks.
I read Jon Gordon's Energy Bus recently (the inspiration for Butch Jones' "Energy Vampires") and believe TF may have been a "energy vampire" on the staff. Here's why :

1) TF's decision to criticize the Brent Stockstill hire (after he left)
2) TF's approach to COVID vs MT's / Stock's approach to COVID (for better or worse).

I have a tremendous amount of respect for TF as a football coach. The influence of his system (and similar ones) transformed the game at the HS, college, and even NFL.

I read Jon Gordon's Energy Bus recently (the inspiration for Butch Jones' "Energy Vampires") and believe TF may have been a "energy vampire" on the staff. Here's why :

1) TF's decision to criticize the Brent Stockstill hire (after he left)
2) TF's approach to COVID vs MT's / Stock's approach to COVID (for better or worse).

I have a tremendous amount of respect for TF as a football coach. The influence of his system (and similar ones) transformed the game at the HS, college, and even NFL.

What you said is so spot on. wTF WAS a smart strategist at one point but here's the deal with this guy. He's a toxic personality. He stays a while and completely burns the bridge/house/entire city when he leaves. He has a scorched earth policy when it comes to professional behavior and that's what happened here. The Finebaum interview and Ch. 5 comical hit piece attempts totally prove how bitter and toxic he is. He's not a happy person or sane IMO. The offense and entire team suffered because of it. My problem with CRS is that he didn't fire wTF when he questioned him the way he did before the spring. You cut off the arm to save the body at that point. It's only gonna get worse and it did.

Now, what we're seeing is a positive person with real leadership skills come aboard. The 2 Brents are transforming the team because they are energetic, positive and hard working. They are grinding and that is rubbing off on the other coaches. It's as simple as that. When Ali and Wright hit the portal and then left the portal to come back to us, I knew we had something special in Brent Stockstill and Dearmon because that was all them. They came in and salvaged the mess that Franklin and Silvoy left. And yes, I lump Silvoy in there because the WR's were a mess in 19 and 20. They improved in 20 but with the talent we had, the scheming and execution should have been better. What's happening now? Dearmon and B-Stock are recruiting, teaching and building. We may have a great offense now. Who knows? However, I'm seeing energy being added and not drained now and that can only be a good thing.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Not to be an energy vampire but….. most of us have earned the right to be skeptical of this same old preseason hoo-ha until we see some actual results on the field and a CUSA title.
I get that. And I'm a bit skeptical too, but as others have said, it's nice to have SOME positive energy at the moment. It's been a while since we could say that.

Offers from 5 SEC teams. All 5 could not have misjudged him. Massive get.
He is down the board at these SEC schools, that's why he couldn't commit to them. He has talent and can play. He will be good here, at the SEC school he would just be a back up another I'tavius Maithers. All offers don't mean that they are committable, some are just verbal offers don't mean a thing. Ole Miss(Kevin Smith) one year in just 2 days gave out 257 offers while at FAU with Lane. He is a verbal offer king.

Last edited:
was not on the team anymore, the Marcus Lloyd has been carrying the rock. 6'1 210

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT