ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING another 2018 player

McDevitt said in his opening press conference that he loves him some 6'5 guards

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Some tall and long guards who just look the part sure is nice to see. It looks like the Blue Raiders will have one heck of a backcourt this season. I just hope a lack of frontcourt does not cause headaches all season. I will add, Gamble's size and athleticism does appear to be a match for what CNM appears to like in his players. Maybe, just maybe, CNM has seen something in Gamble to give him confidence that Gamble's size, length, and athleticism will match nicely with the fast play of a bunch of guards and SFs who are also big, strong, versatile, and athletic with good length.

First thing that came to my mind, did something happen with Farquhar?

First thing that came to my mind, did something happen with Farquhar?

Nope. From what I'm being told bringing Johnson in was a power move. They needed someone tough and gritty on the perimeter to counter the scoring and finesse.

The word given to me to describe Johnson was "warrior."

Was he a late qualifier? Canisius only other offer? I can't seem to find a basketball recruiting profile. Film looks ok. We could do a lot worse. I wish we had more film and info on him. Any idea what his stats were as a senior? (Shooting percentages)

Was he a late qualifier? Canisius only other offer? I can't seem to find a basketball recruiting profile. Film looks ok. We could do a lot worse. I wish we had more film and info on him. Any idea what his stats were as a senior? (Shooting percentages)

Canisius was the name of his high school.

It appears that yes Canisius (the college) was his first basketball offer for 2019. We offered 4 days later for 2018. Apparently he was going to go to prep school to increase his basketball offers. It also said that he already had a relationship with CNM.

Seems like a pickup that could end up being very good. Since he was signed to play college football, he may have been overlooked by many basketball programs. This to me looks like a case where CNM and staff thought outside the box about a way to get more immediate help for this coming season, and it sounds like there is great potential for Johnson to be a solid 4-year player.

Reactions: dukewayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT