ADVERTISEMENT

Aerospace Department ranking

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
At one time, IIRC, the MTSU Aerospace Department was highly ranked and, again IIRC, was among the top three in the country along with Purdue and Embry-Riddle.
An acquaintance's son is going to a school in Ga. (Where he lives) to major in an aerospace related field. I was going to recommend he go to MT, where his grandmother had done her undergraduate degree, since I thought MT had a highly rated program.
Alas, I'm glad I chose to check rankings before calling the prospective student. In looking at numerous rankings of aerospace schools MT was nowhere to be found. I had always thought that if we had at least one program which was exceptional and nationally ranked it was Aerospace.

Was I wrong in thinking that at one time the MT Aerospace Dept. was highly ranked?
If we were highly ranked at one time but no longer what happened and just who and what is responsible?.

Going to to make a plug for my grad school alma mater: University of North Dakota

One of the top programs in the country, large fleet of planes, really developing UAS technology, and best college hockey!

Winters are long and brutal, but worth experiencing if given the opportunity.

Going to to make a plug for my grad school alma mater: University of North Dakota

One of the top programs in the country, large fleet of planes, really developing UAS technology, and best college hockey!

Winters are long and brutal, but worth experiencing if given the opportunity.

I noticed the U. of N. Dakota among those schools ranked near the top on many of the lists as I searched in vain to find MT's name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT