ADVERTISEMENT

A little love for O'Hara

Good to see O'Hara mentioned. With the lack of games, lots of eyes will be on the MTSU/Army game. Time for O'Hara and MTSU to shine.

Reactions: coachchia
He got mentioned with his mugshot on the USM/USA game last night too. It's too bad he doesn't have much support/help.

He'll be better off this year than he was last year. Plus, I think his reads will be better. Players were open last year. He would give up and run before a play could develop. The 2 Cunningham drives vs. UNT illustrated that. Cunningham orchestrated 2 TD drives late in the game because he stayed in the pocket and delivered strikes with better timing on his throws. The same damn players were open all game long. OHara's reads were poor and he would take off and run which made us 1 dimensional. When Chase got in the game, UNT was on their back heels and had to cover wide again.

Rice was another game where OHara gave up and ran the ball which put us in a huge hole. From what I've heard and read, he has come a long way and has thrown way more during this camp and doesn't plan to run nearly as much. I'm sure that will change if the D gives him the legit option to run but overall, he will manage the game better this year.

If they use Marshall and Pierce more, we'll be fine. If Jaylen Lane is as advertised, we'll be more than fine. Mobley can run over just about everybody and McDonald and Brad Anderson has the speed. If we can stay somewhat healthy, we'll be just fine.

JT

Reactions: Raiders_55
He'll be better off this year than he was last year. Plus, I think his reads will be better. Players were open last year. He would give up and run before a play could develop. The 2 Cunningham drives vs. UNT illustrated that. Cunningham orchestrated 2 TD drives late in the game because he stayed in the pocket and delivered strikes with better timing on his throws. The same damn players were open all game long. OHara's reads were poor and he would take off and run which made us 1 dimensional. When Chase got in the game, UNT was on their back heels and had to cover wide again.

Rice was another game where OHara gave up and ran the ball which put us in a huge hole. From what I've heard and read, he has come a long way and has thrown way more during this camp and doesn't plan to run nearly as much. I'm sure that will change if the D gives him the legit option to run but overall, he will manage the game better this year.

If they use Marshall and Pierce more, we'll be fine. If Jaylen Lane is as advertised, we'll be more than fine. Mobley can run over just about everybody and McDonald and Brad Anderson has the speed. If we can stay somewhat healthy, we'll be just fine.

JT
I agree with one exception. Mobley gets happy feet and doesn't hit the hole. Waits for tacklers.

Cunningham should be the starter the rest of the season. He throws a much better ball and actually stays in the pocket. O'hara throws too many bad balls/interceptions and is too quick to run it.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT