ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL A little late to the story, Channel 5, aren't you?

it looks like Massaro just confirmed that Franklin was right and Stock was wrong in this interview. He just threw Stock under the bus.

If true and contact tracing can connect illness to one of those events, Stock actually could be in trouble. The school can’t support a coach for breaking protocol if someone got sick. I don’t think it’s probable, but with the current cancel & CYA culture, if enough bad press comes to MT, they will cut him loose with cause to save face for M&M.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
If true and contact tracing can connect illness to one of those events, Stock actually could be in trouble. The school can’t support a coach for breaking protocol if someone got sick. I don’t think it’s probable, but with the current cancel & CYA culture, if enough bad press comes to MT, they will cut him loose with cause to save face for M&M.
This situation seems to fall under a "for cause" termination (13.1.8). Any "for cause" termination must follow terms set in section 14 of contract, including appearing before a panel who makes recommendation to President, who will make judgement. It seems likely that any "for cause" termination would end up with a legal battle (much like Pruitt's at UT).

At this point, I see termination as unlikely.

It's a bad look PR for the university, AD, and the football program, but I think you'll see MT move forward and get through the 2021 season with Stock. During "crisis" McPhee / Massaro seem to prefer "weather the storm" to "make changes" (for better or worse).

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
This situation seems to fall under a "for cause" termination (13.1.8). Any "for cause" termination must follow terms set in section 14 of contract, including appearing before a panel who makes recommendation to President, who will make judgement. It seems likely that any "for cause" termination would end up with a legal battle (much like Pruitt's at UT).

It's a bad look PR for the university, AD, and the football program, but I think you'll see MT move forward and get through the 2021 season with Stock. During "crisis" McPhee / Massaro seem to prefer "weather the storm" to "make changes" (for better or worse).

I agree, unless national media pick it up & a player and/or player family got sick and links it to this (right or wrongly).

You can say that again! They are impervious to change. The athletic department, and the entire university for that matter, are in a perpetual Groundhog Day.

But the University has already put out that sham investigative report absolving him, because we have bozo the clown in charge. If we tried to terminate him for cause now he would sue the shit out of the University. The ship sailed on that. If they would have done their due diligence in actually investigating this they could have not only saved face but also gotten out from under this absurd contract. Like I said before when is the last time the leadership of this university made a good decision??

This doesn't appear to be a big story and not even a blip on any radar.

Based on most of the responses from NC5 facebook post, nothing is going to happen.

But the University has already put out that sham investigative report absolving him, because we have bozo the clown in charge. If we tried to terminate him for cause now he would sue the shit out of the University. The ship sailed on that. If they would have done their due diligence in actually investigating this they could have not only saved face but also gotten out from under this absurd contract. Like I said before when is the last time the leadership of this university made a good decision??
And you are correct. The internal investigation absolving Stock would complicate any termination.

For those hoping this leads to the end of the Stock era.

He's staying. He's coaching 2021 folks.

And, tbh, I'm little excited about some of the possibilities on offense and optimistic that Dearmon can utlitize personnel effectively.

And you are correct. The internal investigation absolving Stock would complicate any termination.

For those hoping this leads to the end of the Stock era.

He's staying. He's coaching 2021 folks.

And, tbh, I'm little excited about some of the possibilities on offense and optimistic that Dearmon can utlitize personnel effectively.

I agree, so what about Massaro getting fired, didn't he say everything was good covering and now he said he knew of issue's.

If I had the means and ability to make it happen I would bring Mike Leach to MTSU.

The honeymoon is over in Starkville. A lot of people are unhappy with the hire. I take a wait & see approach, but the team definitely stunk offensively for most of the season.

The honeymoon is over in Starkville. A lot of people are unhappy with the hire. I take a wait & see approach, but the team definitely stunk offensively for most of the season.
I was mainly talking about for his personality and the press conferences haha.

I was mainly talking about for his personality and the press conferences haha.

I get it. Mike is fun some days and a car crash on others.

Same with his offense. Apparently staying in an 8 man zone is his kryptonite. I would rather have him than Stock though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT