ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL A little late to the story, Channel 5, aren't you?

I heard the advertisement on TV but it didn't sound like TF's voice. Interesting to see if this reveals anything we don't already know. I'm not too impressed with Phil Williams.

I just had a mental image of Phil Williams, microphone in hand, cameraman in tow, chasing after Stock and Massaro sprinting to their offices in the bowels of Murphy Center. 😂😂

I wonder who shot that locker room video? TF? 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
My god leave these kids alone. They are already going through enough as is and now these a-hole reporters want to pile on???

They players and coaches were tested weekly and sometimes bi-weekly for crying out loud.

Let people live their lives please.....If you don't like it keep yo @$$ @ home

Last edited:
wasn't this the same group, that wanted Nashville media to bring attention to this to see some change happen? it's happening whether you like it or not. maybe they really ask some tough questions and expose something that forces McPhee and Massaro to do something

More than a little late to the game. It was over a month ago this broke and only a week later getting some national play. Now its sort of like blowing on dying embers to try to get the fire started back. Typical Nashville media, ignore the athletics and university until you have nothing else to fill a time slot shows that NC5 and that piece of crap Williams don't take Covid seriously. Just something for the local media to sound sanctimonious about and an opportunity to lecture the locals.

If it brought down the three stooges I'd be happy, but that's not very likely now. All Williams wants out of this is some attention and maybe a local journalism award for the story, no matter it's 'old news'

Pardon me if I don't think much of any the so-called journalists in the midstate or elsewhere.

I just read the online version on ch5 site since I had no plans to watch that tripe on TV. It still disgusted me.

I'm one wanting all the leadership replaced, and I think stock's replacement is long overdue. I'll be darned if that stinkin' report didn't have me looking at Stock in a sympathetic light! Unreal.

Busting his chops as a coach over his son's wedding?! Are you freakin' kidding me?

Your best wasn't good enough?! Instead of looking at the so called problem at hand, I was thinking that this so called journalist is a real A-hole.

Additionally, it all sounded like some sort of sick Orwellian purity test. I wasn't sure whether it sounded more like a cult purity test or some old Soviet Union communist interrogation. The word inquisition also came to mind. Despite my general desire to see the lot of them fired from MT, I was about feeling bad for coach stock. Amazing. Just amazing in a not so good sort of way.

There’s a lot to unpack in this story.

To be fair to Stock, my guess is 99% of the football programs behaved the same way as our team did. The only difference is there was no TF complaining about it. For a fair new piece, they needed to compare our behaviors with other teams and see if MT was an outlier or not. If our behavior was poor compared to other D1 schools, then it’s a story. If they want to do an expose of college football’s handling of the pandemic overall, then that would be fair. The construction of this story was poor.

I have a lower opinion of everyone (TF, RS, MT administration & Williams) involved in this story.

Id like to see the cameras turned on Masarro and McPhee as well. This news "story" is the biggest piece of garbage I've seen in awhile, but if it can get any of the three headed monster fired I'm all for it.

I guarntee you Phil Williams could be seen not following covid 19 protocol if someone had a camera on him all the time. The nerve of these hypocrits to sit there with a straight face an ask these silly questions. Just like our politicians.

Lawyer up on TF and sue for damages and slander now. I would have already filed. Make that a-hole pay even if it gets thrown out. He'll still have to pay out some $$$ to defend it.

They would need to prove TF said something that was untrue or not just him stating his opinion. Plus if you sue, you may end up getting stuck with TF’s court costs. Also, that opens Stock & company up to discovery and dispositions, which could add embarrassment or worse.

Better to let it die (besides us, who really watched or cares).

I used to think Phil Williams was a joke; now I think he's an inappropriate joke. Going after him about not wearing a mask at his son's wedding in June is low. I'm sure he remembered that most places didn't have mask mandates until late June, but didn't want to let facts ruin a bad story.

As RaiderDawg78 said, there's a lot to unpack here.

1) Phil Williams is an award-winning investigative reporter so he is angling for a story. Any story. NC5 doesn't have an investigative reporter on staff to do stories that say "We investigated, but there's no story here." That doesn't win awards, it doesn't get clicks / views, nor does it keep your job.

2) TF is a good coach, but his allegations are getting close to libel and defamation. I'm sure both parties - MT and TF - would prefer to stay out of the courts where everything would be public record.

3) Stock could have handled the Williams' questions better. He looked shell-shocked and kept repeating the same lines (in the video posted on NC5's website).

4) NC5 needs to check their facts. The phone audio lists "Rick Massaro." It's Chris Massaro.

5) Everyone - myself included - could probably do a better job of consistently taking precautions during this pandemic.

6) Again, this is not a good look for MT, the AD, or Stock. This is a bad look on a local and national level.

7) The email alleges people in Murphy Center are not wearing masks. While the people walking around the Murphy Center without masks likely includes athletic personnel, A LOT of students have classes in Murphy Center (or at least walk through Murphy Center on a daily basis).

Reactions: Blue_H
3) Stock could have handled the Williams' questions better. He looked shell-shocked and kept repeating the same lines (in the video posted on NC5's website).

I thought the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Williams was less than honest about what the interview was going to be about.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

I've not know a times when CRS was good in front of a camera or even on radio. He's awkward and uncomfortable when in front of a mic.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
To be clear, it is way past time for the so called leadership at MT to be replaced. The interview in no way changed my mind about that. It was the disgusting nature of the interview that about had me feeling bad for stock in that moment even though I think he needs to be replaced as HC at MT.

In my opinion, the journalism about created the opposite effect of what they were trying to do. That is really pretty hard to do considering the incompetence of the leadership of MT. Talk about a group of people that come off as in over their head.

NC5, thanks for nothing.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I just watched the interview video for the first time this afternoon. The text version I read on the website last night was not as bad as the video.

Whatever your feelings are about Covid, TF, RS, CM or SM, this is not a good look for my alma mater. Our PR is terrible, period. And I would bet they have known this was coming for quite a while. The coaches were out shaking hands and calling on what’s left of boosters with little or no protective devices at a time in this pandemic when my employer had me working from home.

Stock came across first as incompetent, then angry (indignant stare down) and finally “well I sleep at night because I did the best I could”. At the end of the day, Rick Stockstill is the CEO and face of the Blue Raider Football Program and he hired this guy........TWICE.

They need to give Murphy Center an enema from top to bottom and start over.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Rick Stockstill is the CEO and face of the Blue Raider Football Program and he hired this guy........TWICE.
That is the elephant in the room. I have seen several former players, staff, etc coming to CRS defense on social media, and I keep thinking "You are defending a guy that hired Tony Franklin TWICE."

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That is the elephant in the room. I have seen several former players, staff, etc coming to CRS defense on social media, and I keep thinking "You are defending a guy that hired Tony Franklin TWICE."
I've been seeing that too. On Twitter especially you'll see a boatload of former players sending out pro-CRS tweets left and right.

It’s funny I had an interaction today with a former player who was about as anti Stock as I’ve seen. That’s usually not the norm. This was in a public forum with other former players too. Needless to say it wasn’t great feedback.

Reactions: rcodeman
My fear is that mcphee uses this as an excuse to kill the program

Has McPhee ever hinted at killing the football program? Like has there ever been anything leaked or has anyone had a conversation with him that would justify being worried about it?

Reactions: Raiders_55
They would need to prove TF said something that was untrue or not just him stating his opinion. Plus if you sue, you may end up getting stuck with TF’s court costs. Also, that opens Stock & company up to discovery and dispositions, which could add embarrassment or worse.

Better to let it die (besides us, who really watched or cares).
Just listen to the Paul Finebaum interview and the read the Washington Post article. He has said plenty. We have done due diligence to the satisfaction of the NCAA. We have proof of that. The NCAA signed off on it so it's hearsay on Franklin's part with intent to do damage. There you go. No court costs worry. They can drown him in costs.

Just listen to the Paul Finebaum interview and the read the Washington Post article. He has said plenty. We have done due diligence to the satisfaction of the NCAA. We have proof of that. The NCAA signed off on it so it's hearsay on Franklin's part with intent to do damage. There you go. No court costs worry. They can drown him in costs.

If all we have is the Finebaum interview or Washington Post article, we would lose miserably.

You can’t be sued for defamation or slander for saying something is your opinion. Which TF does a lot. It’s his opinion CRS did a poor job. Okay, can’t sue for him saying that. You can only sue for stated facts that are not true. Defamation and slander hinge on false statements regarding facts. I just re-listened to the Finebaum interview. As far as facts, TF said we moved the workouts back inside, he talked about players & staff not social distancing, it being too crowded & failure to wear masks. He said Stock didn’t always wear a mask and wore it on his head at times. He talked about the number of staff/players that caught SARS-CoV-2. He said he talked to Stock, Massaro & McPhee about it, changes were made for a little while then reverted. He said he and stock cussed each other in a meeting.

To win a slander or defamation, we would need to prove the things TF said were facts were lies. Stock is on video not wearing the mask correctly and saying he didn’t always do it, he could have done better. So under oath, Stock probably can’t say he always wore a mask correctly at all times, confirming what TF said.

So then we could sue if we didn’t move the weights back in, always wore masks in the weight room and the number of cases were wrong. The public has seen CM’s email about needing to double down to do better to avoid losing games. So the cases got bad enough to cancel games, can’t argue that was a lie.

That leaves the fact we could dispute is weight room mask wearing, moving in doors and over crowding. Do you think that didn’t happen at least once? If so, there goes that case.

He could have lied about contacting Stock, M&M about concerns. We have records of some of those already and I’m sure TF has texts/emails. There goes that.

Maybe TF and RS didn’t get in a cussing match and both didn’t say F you? That’s the only possible fact I haven’t just killed in -0 minutes in a message board. That would be pretty easy to clear up under oath.

Given that I killed the only facts he stated except the possibility of never arguing with Stock, how would lawyers do in court? Do you want Stock, Massaro, or McPhee on the stand under oath and with their emails/texts in the ope? If I’m the university, that’s a negative.

Unless there’s something else, no way we sue or win.

If all we have is the Finebaum interview or Washington Post article, we would lose miserably.

You can’t be sued for defamation or slander for saying something is your opinion. Which TF does a lot. It’s his opinion CRS did a poor job. Okay, can’t sue for him saying that. You can only sue for stated facts that are not true. Defamation and slander hinge on false statements regarding facts. I just re-listened to the Finebaum interview. As far as facts, TF said we moved the workouts back inside, he talked about players & staff not social distancing, it being too crowded & failure to wear masks. He said Stock didn’t always wear a mask and wore it on his head at times. He talked about the number of staff/players that caught SARS-CoV-2. He said he talked to Stock, Massaro & McPhee about it, changes were made for a little while then reverted. He said he and stock cussed each other in a meeting.

To win a slander or defamation, we would need to prove the things TF said were facts were lies. Stock is on video not wearing the mask correctly and saying he didn’t always do it, he could have done better. So under oath, Stock probably can’t say he always wore a mask correctly at all times, confirming what TF said.

So then we could sue if we didn’t move the weights back in, always wore masks in the weight room and the number of cases were wrong. The public has seen CM’s email about needing to double down to do better to avoid losing games. So the cases got bad enough to cancel games, can’t argue that was a lie.

That leaves the fact we could dispute is weight room mask wearing, moving in doors and over crowding. Do you think that didn’t happen at least once? If so, there goes that case.

He could have lied about contacting Stock, M&M about concerns. We have records of some of those already and I’m sure TF has texts/emails. There goes that.

Maybe TF and RS didn’t get in a cussing match and both didn’t say F you? That’s the only possible fact I haven’t just killed in -0 minutes in a message board. That would be pretty easy to clear up under oath.

Given that I killed the only facts he stated except the possibility of never arguing with Stock, how would lawyers do in court? Do you want Stock, Massaro, or McPhee on the stand under oath and with their emails/texts in the ope? If I’m the university, that’s a negative.

Unless there’s something else, no way we sue or win.

Ok, good points. What's in his contract? That's what I would want to see as well.

So the other course is to pull video of every other coach in CFB with his mask downa nd players hugging in celebration and there you go. Give me 0 miutes and I'll put together a collage.

You make good points and that’s why this story is a hit piece. I would guess every school that played this year, outside of maybe a military academy, broke COVID protocol. The story isn’t really about Stock or coaches breaking protocol. It’s seems the allegations are TF and even to some degree CM said something to CRS and Stock blatantly reverted back to ignoring protocol.

I agree with some others that said Stock’s interview didn’t help the look. He came across obstinate and kind of ignorant, even if Williams did a poor job in his story. The school cleared Stock though, so really this just makes him look bad.

That was hilarious with Leach. The thing about this whole mask issue is the only time you really need it on is when you’re talking. That’s how this stupid virus transmits. We emit little droplets every time we speak. So that’s when it’s needed most but everyone always pulls down their mask when they talk. Kind of pointless to wear it at all if you’re just going to pull it down to say something.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Part 2???

it looks like Massaro just confirmed that Franklin was right and Stock was wrong in this interview. He just threw Stock under the bus.

• Wow
Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT