ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 62 - 0…………

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
How in the world did we lose four straight to that bunch of West End academics?

Wait. Don’t answer that. Meanwhile, UTSA is down 21-0 at the end of the 1st Qtr.

Reactions: Blue_H
Hahaha! FR315, you should wait before boasting about your team
Memphis is not very good this year.

They beat a pretty crappy Mississippi State team in a very odd game. MSU gifted 17 points. They barely beat Butch Jones. They are better than us, but this could be their worst team in the past 8 years.

No one on this board cares about Memphis. If you do, you should carry on to the Memphis message board

My OP was about Vandy and how could MT lose 4 straight to them. I threw in a comment about last week’s opponent getting off to a rough start but didn’t see it as pumping the school to the west. That said, I feel a helluva lot better about the current situation in Memphis regarding coaching staff, players, facilities and the AD than I do about what has completely blown up at my other alma mater in Murfreesboro.
Today was a tough loss for them. The freshman QB finally made some really bad freshman mistakes at a bad time. But he’s a coach’s son from Texas and reminds me a lot of Brent. If someone had told me they would be 3-1 before starting AAC schedule with a true freshman QB I would have told them they were nuts.

One thing I try very hard not to do in here is go off and make any disparaging remarks about the players. Coaches and admins are fair game. They are paid very well to get blasted. Players are either in the training room getting treatment or in class or studying for class right now.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
Gotigers.com. Let’s hear about them Tigers! What’s the score? Who did they recruit? Let’s talk about Memphis!
How bout MT taking 5 out of 7 from Memphis until “the Contract”? The good old days when Stock beat West and Fuente twice and Porter once. Is this acceptable to the forum police???😂😂

My OP was about Vandy and how could MT lose 4 straight to them. I threw in a comment about last week’s opponent getting off to a rough start but didn’t see it as pumping the school to the west. That said, I feel a helluva lot better about the current situation in Memphis regarding coaching staff, players, facilities and the AD than I do about what has completely blown up at my other alma mater in Murfreesboro.
Today was a tough loss for them. The freshman QB finally made some really bad freshman mistakes at a bad time. But he’s a coach’s son from Texas and reminds me a lot of Brent. If someone had told me they would be 3-1 before starting AAC schedule with a true freshman QB I would have told them they were nuts.

One thing I try very hard not to do in here is go off and make any disparaging remarks about the players. Coaches and admins are fair game. They are paid very well to get blasted. Players are either in the training room getting treatment or in class or studying for class right now.

Just my two cents.
If every post wasnt either disparaging MT or casting positive light on Memphis State it would be different....youre like a Memphis ninja. I've thought about doing the same thing to the Memphis board. "yea Memphis is cool, but check out MT!!"

But, truly whatever. You do you FR! Keeps things interesting I suppose.

If every post wasnt either disparaging MT or casting positive light on Memphis State it would be different....youre like a Memphis ninja. I've thought about doing the same thing to the Memphis board. "yea Memphis is cool, but check out MT!!"

But, truly whatever. You do you FR! Keeps things interesting I suppose.
Thanks! 👍

Y’all think we’ve got problems?????? Seat Geek has Vanderbilt seats ranging from $3 - $16 on the lower Home side between the 40’s for their UConn game this weekend. 😂😂

I think Uconn beats Vanderbilt. Uconn has actually shown some improvement the last 2 weeks. I'm not buying Vanderbilt as a 14.5 point favorite. Games a coin flip

Vanderbilt is REALLY bad right now.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I think Uconn beats Vanderbilt. Uconn has actually shown some improvement the last 2 weeks. I'm not buying Vanderbilt as a 14.5 point favorite. Games a coin flip

Vanderbilt is REALLY bad right now.
Mason was a far better coach than this dude. Vandy gets what they get. Screw em.

Without a distinct recruiting advantage, like they get in baseball, Vandy is awful. It’s actually amazing what James Franklin accomplished there.

it goes to show how important coaching is. Hiring the right guy, or the wrong guy, means nearly everything in college athletics. It baffles me how Massaro does not understand this.

When Franklin was there I was terrified Vandy would become a powerhouse. I lived in Nashville at the time and he had the city pretty hyped about Vandy FB, which is amazing. All too happy too see them back in the gutter.

Franklin was crooked as a snake's backside. He's the dude that introduced the girl to those players that raped her and then he ghosted out of town for Penn St. right when all the crap came down. He did a lot of shady stuff to get players there.

Franklin was crooked as a snake's backside. He's the dude that introduced the girl to those players that raped her and then he ghosted out of town for Penn St. right when all the crap came down. He did a lot of shady stuff to get players there.
The TE Vandenburg was a friend of the victim but Franklin did not introduce them. Franklin recruited those guys and that’s about all he had to do with it other than telling them (the 4 players) “he had seen the video” when he had not. He said under oath in their trials that he told the players (defendants) this in order to get them to admit what they did.
That said, those guys had no business being on a college campus and got what they deserved.

Reactions: MT Glenn

Welcome to college football

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT