ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 6 Raiders on Phil Steele’s Preseason All-C-USA list

Well, is anyone really surprised? When the teams we are beating out for recruits are Bethune Cookman and Elon, accolades and six wins seasons start looking a lot better than what we're going to continue getting going forward.

Hell, FAU already has 13 other three-star commits in addition to that 4-star. And we have one. What exactly does our staff do most of the off season? Nevermind. I already know. They throw out some offers that never stick, wait til everyone else has fallen through and take what's leftover.

The program has become such a joke and we will be replacing ODU in the cellar of C-USA east within a season or two.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
MT and the rest of the league will be looking at FAU pull away. The sleeping giant is starting to wake up. His recruiting classes will only get better.

Article. LMAO.

Middle Tennessee football had an injury-filled 2019 and will look to return to the postseason in 2020. Will the Blue Raiders get back to a bowl?
Believe it or not, Middle Tennessee football had at least six wins from every year between 2012-18 and head coach Rick Stockstill had built a very consistent program.

I think it is safe for everyone to chalk last season up to bad injury luck across the board and that resulted in Middle Tennessee having the worst scoring defense in the C-USA.
https://saturdayblitz.com/2020/07/14/middle-tennessee-football-season-preview-prediction-2020/

You could say this almost any year for us. There's a reason why we have so many injuries. When you're recruiting Division II bodies they can't hold up to the rigors of a full D-1 season. And when we do get some D1 talent there isn't enough talent anywhere else so they get forced up (i.e. making corners play linebacker...LB's playing DL, etc.). It all leads to more injuries.

Article. LMAO.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2020/07/14/middle-tennessee-football-season-preview-prediction-2020/

You could say this almost any year for us. There's a reason why we have so many injuries. When you're recruiting Division II bodies they can't hold up to the rigors of a full D-1 season. And when we do get some D1 talent there isn't enough talent anywhere else so they get forced up (i.e. making corners play linebacker...LB's playing DL, etc.). It all leads to more injuries.
2020 class. 17/20 had multiple D1 offers and 8 of them had multiple P5 offers. Not exactly DII talent. Could it just be it was a bad year? We have bad strength and conditioning? You say we have DII bodies? Not even FCS? We drop all the way down to division II? Why don't we trash the players some more and call them Division III or NAIA? If you think the teams and university are bad at sports they look like Alabama or the Patriots compared to you as a fan. I guess you get what you deserve. Truth is we had a terrible year last year, but to say we have DII talent just show how very little you know about anything. Now please go away and be someone else's fake fan.

2020 class. 17/20 had multiple D1 offers and 8 of them had multiple P5 offers. Not exactly DII talent. Could it just be it was a bad year? We have bad strength and conditioning? You say we have DII bodies? Not even FCS? We drop all the way down to division II? Why don't we trash the players some more and call them Division III or NAIA? If you think the teams and university are bad at sports they look like Alabama or the Patriots compared to you as a fan. I guess you get what you deserve. Truth is we had a terrible year last year, but to say we have DII talent just show how very little you know about anything. Now please go away and be someone else's fake fan.
you can't go by early offers, most are just thrown out without regard. because we all know that if a P5 offer is commitable the kid is taken that offer. A better indicator is what level are the majority of his commitable offers are from.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Can't say anything to poston that doesn't toe the Cope/Murphy party line.

Bottom line is at this moment we still haven't had an outright championship in over 20 years. We're coming off 4-win season. And there is no evidence that's going to get any better because classes continue to rank the bottom half of the league. Oh and BB is a shit show. If these facts make me a bad fan then so be it.

But some like to scoff at the version of reality that is slapping them directly in the face. Recruiting has been going down hill for years. Development has been on the decline too. As I said before if it weren't for Brent Stockstill most of the last five years would have been 4-win seasons. He willed us to some games we probably didn't have the talent to win.

Can't say anything to poston that doesn't toe the Cope/Murphy party line.

Bottom line is at this moment we still haven't had an outright championship in over 20 years. We're coming off 4-win season. And there is no evidence that's going to get any better because classes continue to rank the bottom half of the league. Oh and BB is a shit show. If these facts make me a bad fan then so be it.

But some like to scoff at the version of reality that is slapping them directly in the face. Recruiting has been going down hill for years. Development has been on the decline too. As I said before if it weren't for Brent Stockstill most of the last five years would have been 4-win seasons. He willed us to some games we probably didn't have the talent to win.
I don't "to the Cope/Murphy line." I was just pointing out most of our recruits had multiple D1 offers, so calling them DII talent is just wrong. Criticize the coaching and administration all you want, but don't attack the players for taking a D1 offer and busting their butts to do well for the university and the fans. You can attack the administration/coaching without attacking the players. Basketball has been terrible, but from a pure talent standpoint we should improve quite a bit in the very near future. We will see what happens with it though.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Let's talk civilly and just with facts for just a moment shall we?

I may have missed a few here and there but of the 67 players signed over the past three seasons 34 have other DI offers and 33 had nothing but either lower division offers or no offers at all. I find your information to be incorrect. I counted 11 in the last class with multiple D1 offers not 17. And presumably you just looked at Rivals that gives credit for an offer just because the kids said so, which isn't an accurate depiction of true offers. That said, I actually thought this last class was one of our better classes, but it's probably just because of how deep the talent pool was in this last cycle. We still finished in the bottom half of the league, which is where we have routinely been for the past few years. Which is why we were next to the bottom to last in the East last season. Our last four classes have averaged 8th in the league. While there isn't always a direct causality there's a pretty decent correlation. Until this changes, we're going to continue to be in the bottom of the league standings.

If anyone believes that you're going win games much less a championship when half your classes are consistently not getting DI offers let me cue up my song for some ocean front paradise mansion I have at a great cost over there in Arizona. I'm not attacking the players. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just stating the facts here. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this. But it's only if you actually want to understand it.

Reactions: mtfblue
Same argument different year. X's and O's don't beat Jimmy's and Joe's in college football over the long haul. If you are close in talent it is a different story, but the fact is Stock has never and will never recruit at a high level for C-USA. We have some hits like Byard, but there's a laundry list of just ok players thrust into more than meaningful roles. If you go look at the teams who were successful look at how many NFL players they churn out. We have an average of 1 guy a year that probably has a legit NFL future. USM, LA Tech, FAU, WKU, had NFL talent and won the conference, UAB is only team in recent memory who didn't.

Hell, the only we reason we got the Brent (probably the best player of the Stock era definitely offensively) was because he's Rick's son.

And look who we are now chasing. Last class, FAU signed 20. Only two didn't have any D1 offers. Oh and they brought in six P5 transfers as well. Taggert can't coach but with the talent he and Lane acquired they are going to be waxing us for years.

Reactions: mtfblue
Interesting, I receive my 2020 Phil Steele today. MT is picked to finish 2nd in the East. #73 on the experience chart and Steele's most improved list (easily according to Steele)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT