ADVERTISEMENT

$300 million

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
The amount the school on West End announced yesterday that it is going to spend on athletic improvements in the near future. I would bet they will spend most of it before MT breaks ground on any of our plans announced several years ago.

Question for MT fans: Could we raise one tenth of that amount for athletics ($30mm), one hundredth ($3mm)?
I seriously doubt we could raise $300,000 in a year in new money for athletic improvements.

I got a call yesterday from an old teammate down in Memphis and he’s President of the Tiger M-Club this year. They (Memphis Tiger Athletics) need to raise $450,000 to renovate the old Football weight room into one for the “Olympic Sports” and are asking the M-Club to kick in. Football moved into a brand new IPF complex complete with locker room, weight room, players lounge and nutrition food services (i.e. “training table”). They are almost to the goal for the renovations and I agreed to kick in.
I’ve made a conscious decision going forward to expect and demand a return on investment when I’m asked to donate to causes. Olympic sport athletes are letter winners too.

Last edited:
The amount the school on West End announced yesterday that it is going to spend on athletic improvements in the near future. I would bet they will spend most of it before MT breaks ground on any of our plans announced several years ago.

Question for MT fans: Could we raise one tenth of that amount for athletics ($30mm), one hundredth ($3mm)?
I seriously doubt we could raise $300,000 in a year in new money for athletic improvements.
I think alums will come back and will give again (me included) when expected standards are set (and met) through change implemented by new blood.

Have any of you expressed your feelings to the board?

What's the best way for us to contact the board regarding our concerns?

I live out of state so showing up in person is not an option.

Are we all just going to ignore the fact that Vanderbilt gets over $45.5 million in revenue sharing by being in the SEC? Imagine what we could do with just that money alone.

ADVERTISEMENT