ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS 278 Million $$$$$ grant to university

Dang DNJ. Why'd you post a pic of Ed Simpson on this education article and say he's one of three returning starters? He's gone to Boeing as you already previously reported!

Reactions: C-Bow
Evidently, leadership must made a good sales pitch. I'm impressed that a worldwide company chose to invest (in kind) $278 million in our university..over a quarter billion!! Think this is higher than our entire endowment fund by a country mile. And, that endowment has been accruing since our 50th Anniversary year of 1961. It's about time we get professional programs generating high dollar alums...this is another great step towards that mark! Very pleased.

Probably a combination of a tax write off and a pipeline for future employees

Probably a combination of a tax write off and a pipeline for future employees

Dont get me wrong, I love that they did it, and I'm sure it was for a good reason, but a tax write off and employees for a quarter Billion? Seems like a negative ROI.

But hey, more power to em!

Dont get me wrong, I love that they did it, and I'm sure it was for a good reason, but a tax write off and employees for a quarter Billion? Seems like a negative ROI.

But hey, more power to em!

What Siemens is doing is locking in market share for their software...all these students training on their tools, its brilliant.

That's it exactly. They are gonna have ready made employees who literally can hit a project running on day one. They will be able to get bids and contracts out faster and bring business in a thousand times quicker. They essentially get rid of their whole training program and use MT instead. And if they keep the pipeline coming, there will come a point where their return will pass their investment and they will have people trained for free.

That's it exactly. They are gonna have ready made employees who literally can hit a project running on day one. They will be able to get bids and contracts out faster and bring business in a thousand times quicker. They essentially get rid of their whole training program and use MT instead. And if they keep the pipeline coming, there will come a point where their return will pass their investment and they will have people trained for free.

Not many manufacturers in US use Siemens. They are usually European companies if they use that. I would say the majority of the US market is using Allen Bradley products. It would take a lot of this to somehow shift the market to Siemens. They must be trying to play the long game though. Who knows. Are they making these contributions to any other schools?

Not many manufacturers in US use Siemens. They are usually European companies if they use that. I would say the majority of the US market is using Allen Bradley products. It would take a lot of this to somehow shift the market to Siemens. They must be trying to play the long game though. Who knows. Are they making these contributions to any other schools?
I put my Siemens in ever house I wire!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT