NOV 21 (WED) 8:30 PM
PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS

VS VIRGINIA

2017-18 Record: 31-3, 17-1
Enrollment: 22,805
Arena: John Paul Jones Arena (14,623)
Colors: Orange & Blue Nickname: Cavaliers
Head Coach: Tony Bennett
Record at School: 219-86 (9 Seasons) Career Record: 288-119 (12 Seasons)
2017-18 Finish: 1st ACC 2017-18 Postseason: NCAA Round 1
Starters R/L: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: 8/5

TV: ESPN2
RADIO: 94.9/95.1 FM, 100.5/101.9 FM, 1450 AM

WATCH

LISTEN

LIVE STATS

Last edited:
25? I’m guessing closer to 40. It will come down to our first half play. UVA will outscore us by at least 25 in the second half alone.

UVA is winning 75-50 this year. Last year was 67-54.

I agree with Randall, if we break 60, I will be pleasantly surprised. I am guessing an ~80-50 type score. This is a moral victory type game to keep them from covering at -19

UVA is winning 75-50 this year. Last year was 67-54.

I agree with Randall, if we break 60, I will be pleasantly surprised. I am guessing an ~80-50 type score. This is a moral victory type game to keep them from covering at -19

Virginia has only scored 80+ points five times since the 2016-17 season, and generally those games are against the dregs of the D1. It’s not that they aren’t a great offensive team, but they just play so slowly that there usually aren’t enough possessions in the game for them to reach 80. It will be interesting to see how many possessions this game has tonight because we have so far been an extremely fast paced team. My hope is that we can score 60 points in about 65 to 67 possessions against them. That will be tough to do.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Oklahoma beats Florida in the tournament opener. Makes it highly unlikely that we will play Oklahoma and significantly increases the likelihood that we might see Florida on day 3.

This will be my first game I'm able to watch. I suspect I'll be quite frustrated by the time it's over.

If we play a good first half and I can get a good second half Virginia line, I'm laying 2 dimes on UVA second half.

Holy $hit Kermit's head would have exploded with this team. What is this shot selection?

Well. I had planned to watch this. Was at least hoping the first half would be competitive.

Nope.

Gonna be a long year. Maybe a long 2-3 years. I don't see ANYTHING redeeming with this group of players.

Off to play Battlefield V. Yall don't have too much fun watching this team.

Well. I had planned to watch this. Was at least hoping the first half would be competitive.

Nope.

Gonna be a long year. Maybe a long 2-3 years. I don't see ANYTHING redeeming with this group of players.

Off to play Battlefield V. Yall don't have too much fun watching this team.

Wiley

Come on man. They may get whooped. But they are hanging with them. Show some patience.

All I see is the team playing hard and making some tough shots.

Reactions: BlueAlpha
Waiting on the second half line. If I can get UVA -7 or less I'm LOADING up.

I may be too positive, but I am not completely dissatisfied with what I am seeing. I mean it could be a lot worse right now. Yes we need to make better shot selection, but give it time. We are a very young and inexperienced team.

Anyone else notice McDevitt chewing ass right before the half? He was screaming at several players in the huddle but was yelling at (toward) Scurry mostly.

I may be too positive, but I am not completely dissatisfied with what I am seeing. I mean it could be a lot worse right now. Yes we need to make better shot selection, but give it time. We are a very young and inexperienced team.

We are playing the BEST defensive team in all of college bb. There are no easy shots.

We are playing the BEST defensive team in all of college bb. There are no easy shots.
Oh I agree, but was just saying at times we seem a little rushed to shoot. We are getting within 8 or10 and they make it 15. Just a tough team to come back on.

Yea gotta give credit where credit is due. I have it on in the background and we are not quitting. It's unfortunate we can't hit a few more shots or this would really be an entertaining game.

We are not laying down which is good. This should be a good learning experience for the team.

We get Butler tomorrow right?

Reactions: C-Bow
EFF these refs. Are you kidding me? A flagrant foul BECAUSE THE VIRGINIA PLAYER REACHED HIS ARM ALL THE WAY UNDER JOHNSON'S ARM??? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BULL CRAP? And the ESPN announcers trying to come up with any excuse for Virginia... "deceiving the refs"... that is a damn joke, he is not allowed to hold onto the ball?? Pathetic. PATHETIC!

Reactions: Hop45
Yeah that was a bad interpretation of the rule.. he had gathered the ball on the spin move.. you can’t expect him to hold the ball with one hand just because Jerome put his arm in there..

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT