ADVERTISEMENT

20+ million here; 20+ million there - pretty soon you're talking serious money

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Saw a couple of days back that each of the 14 $EC schools is getting from the conference $23 million dollars of supplementary covid relief funds this year. Had no idea that any conference was sitting on that kind of money.

And just announced that Belmont has sold their Watkins College of Art campus for $22.5 million.

Wonder where MT could go to pick up $20+ million? . . . Don't answer that.

There's something in the dark recesses of my memory that once there was some interest in Watkins on the part of the university back in the early to mid 70s, not sure of the details. Could be completely wrong/confused on that...

There's something in the dark recesses of my memory that once there was some interest in Watkins on the part of the university back in the early to mid 70s, not sure of the details. Could be completely wrong/confused on that...

I also seem to remember some discussion on MT and Watkins, or it could have been with MT and the O'More School of Design in Franklin, possibly both at different times.
Regardless, they are now both part of Belmont, along with Law, Pharmacy, and a Medical school in it's infancy.
Not to worry; MT is a leader in vocational college degrees such as construction management, concrete industry management and fermentation science.
And don't forget Belmont is far ahead of MT in both basketball programs. Virtually all we have presently over Belmont is size, a once high-rated aerospace program, and a mediocre FB team.

Well.....if it’s any consolation, in 2004, Jennings Jones College of Business leased classroom space at O’More Franklin Campus for my grad school Managerial Accounting course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT