ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL @ #16 Dallas Baptist series

I'll be impressed if they win the series.

It's odd that DBU plays Division I baseball and Division II in every other sport.

Reactions: ewglenn
Thoughts on Jerry keeping the head coach job after this season (he is an interim)?

He's .500. Thats lifetime contract territory
I know you’ve got sarcasm in this comment but I did take a look at the last decade and we’ve only had 3 season above .500 (two seasons at .500). If he finishes his first season over .500 I think we would have to talk about it.

No. But this wouldn't surprise me in the least given he's (guess what) another South Carolina guy. SMDH.

In an era when a current Sun Belt member has won the national title and multiple non-power schools routinely dot the Top 25, showing you can lead the team to .500 does not merit a contract. He had about a .500 record in six years as head coach at ODU, never finished first, never won a conference tournament, and never went to the NCAA Tournament. His best years were the first couple with the other coaches players before rolling off three consecutive losing seasons. Ended up leaving baseball to be a high school athletics administrator.

The mindset of this administration has so thoroughly seeped into the minds of the fans even die hard members of the base say you know it's been so awful. 500 ain't all that bad. We had a once proud baseball history. And football for that matter. What happened? Well a thesis could be written on that.

But if they do retain him. Just another point to validate my now 1,619 days since I set foot on the campus.

It's fully what I expect, given the track record of everyone involved.

Whatever the decision I will hope for the best, but brace myself for disappointment.

Baseball used to be fun to follow, would like to have that feeling return,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT