ADVERTISEMENT

1-3 (0-2)....And Nothing Else Matters

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Isn't it great to be a fan of Middle Tennessee athletics? Here we are, 4 games into the season, and we are eliminated from conference play before we even get an FBS opponent @ home.

Did I mention our coach has been here for two decades, never fielded the best team in his conference, never won an outright conference title, and never sniffed the Top 25. The sheer law of ****ing averages says we should have at least 1, and possibly 2 outright conference championships by now....

What an awesome football season though. 4 games into it and already eliminated from conference play. How awesome and fun is that? 70% of our games remaining and literally nothing to play for. Fun times, cool stuff. I'm sure the stands will be packed full of fans. Last year we got a covid infested mess of a season, and now after 2 years we finally get some normalcy and 4 games into the season, it's already over. The most Rick Stockstill thing ever....

It is ****ing criminal what is occurring with MT athletics right now. CRIMINAL. How these mother****ers collect and cash their checks with any dignity or shame is beyond something I will ever be able to fathom. If I was even remotely close to being this incompetent in my profession I would be delicensed, sued, and living on the street.

Worthless mother ****ers. I pray to god I outlive all these shit ****s running our university because it is quite literally my only hope to ever see any possible change at MT since they will clearly be here until god calls them home.

Last edited:
One could possibly say that what Massaro and McPhee are doing to athletics is intentional.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MTLynn
Two more Ls coming in the next two weeks.

Staring at a 1-5 start, can't see more than four more wins at most, so 3 straight losing seasons and I don't see a whole lot of promise for 2022 under the current head coach. Stockstill needs to do us all a favor and announce his retirement.

Two more Ls coming in the next two weeks.

Staring at a 1-5 start, can't see more than four more wins at most, so 3 straight losing seasons and I don't see a whole lot of promise for 2022 under the current head coach. Stockstill needs to do us all a favor and announce his retirement.

doesn’t matter if we win or lose our remaining games. We are not making the conference championship game. We can finish 8-3 or 1-10 it doesn’t matter we won’t be getting an opportunity to play for the CUSA title and that’s all that matters. That’s what you play for, that’s what you practice for, that’s what you grind for.

doesn’t matter if we win or lose our remaining games. We are not making the conference championship game. We can finish 8-3 or 1-10 it doesn’t matter we won’t be getting an opportunity to play for the CUSA title and that’s all that matters. That’s what you play for, that’s what you practice for, that’s what you grind for.
If we win out (we won’t), we would actually have a good chance of making the championship game. We would hold the tiebreaker over any 2 loss east teams other than Charlotte. It would take a 1 loss team to keep us out. Having said that, Stock has to go. Massaro and McPhee too. This is terrible. I did not watch the game, but Chase’s numbers look really good. Was the tape as good as the stat line?

Reactions: Raiderclyde
If we win out (we won’t), we would actually have a good chance of making the championship game. We would hold the tiebreaker over any 2 loss east teams other than Charlotte. It would take a 1 loss team to keep us out. Having said that, Stock has to go. Massaro and McPhee too. This is terrible. I did not watch the game, but Chase’s numbers look really good. Was the tape as good as the stat line?
I thought Cunningham played well.

Defense can’t tackle, nor can they defend the pass.
They played like a team that doesn’t have a whole lot of individual talent. Which is pretty much what they are.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I thought Cunningham played well.

Defense can’t tackle, nor can they defend the pass.
They played like a team that doesn’t have a whole lot of individual talent. Which is pretty much what they are.
There were some horrible whiffs in the 2nd half by one of our best players when he over pursued. They’ve got to do better. It made their RB’s look like All-Americans on those cutbacks.

Isn't it great to be a fan of Middle Tennessee athletics? Here we are, 4 games into the season, and we are eliminated from conference play before we even get an FBS opponent @ home.

Did I mention our coach has been here for two decades, never fielded the best team in his conference, never won an outright conference title, and never sniffed the Top 25. The sheer law of ****ing averages says we should have at least 1, and possibly 2 outright conference championships by now....

What an awesome football season though. 4 games into it and already eliminated from conference play. How awesome and fun is that? 70% of our games remaining and literally nothing to play for. Fun times, cool stuff. I'm sure the stands will be packed full of fans. Last year we got a covid infested mess of a season, and now after 2 years we finally get some normalcy and 4 games into the season, it's already over. The most Rick Stockstill thing ever....

It is ****ing criminal what is occurring with MT athletics right now. CRIMINAL. How these mother****ers collect and cash their checks with any dignity or shame is beyond something I will ever be able to fathom. If I was even remotely close to being this incompetent in my profession I would be delicensed, sued, and living on the street.

Worthless mother ****ers. I pray to god I outlive all these shit ****s running our university because it is quite literally my only hope to ever see any possible change at MT since they will clearly be here until god calls them home.
Can you please print this out and mail it to Messaro? It’s become an embarrassment to everyone a fan of this program. The worst part is it’s happen over such a long time. Not like one or two bad seasons and fans are mad. It been YEARS of a complete failure and it just keeps getting lower and lower.

Same issues as always. A decent QB (in fact Cunningham was pretty great) and a team around him that is not good. Let’s be honest - this program is in a self imposed death penalty by having Rick Stockstill as head coach

so not only is Stockstill a terrible coach, he’s a horrible talent evaualtor. Chase was obviously the better QB compared to Bailey Suckman, but look How he had to luck into finding a spot on the field. yeah It’s only one game, but he looked so much better than what we’ve had for 3 years! And we just now found out. How many other players are being poorly evaluated on this roster? Geez.

Is there any other FBS school in the country that is 0-2 in conference after only playing 4 games ?

I can't wait until we have the 100 losses ceremony for Rick Stockstill. Maybe we should have a Race to catch Watson Brown for all time losses countdown.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I can't wait until we have the 100 losses ceremony for Rick Stockstill. Maybe we should have a Race to catch Watson Brown for all time losses countdown.
Blue Raider HOF lock in for sure...I mean how many coaches last 16 seasons?

Does Stock get in to the HOF if (If? Of course he will.) he has a losing record? I'd like to think not, but ya know.......

How did we let chance nolan walk
I had completely forgotten about him. Googled and he’s starting QB for Oregon St. He was MT Scout Team POY in 2018 redshirt year. That said, Chase Cunningham had a hell of an effort in spite of the defensive letdowns. Watching UTSA again yesterday makes me appreciate even more what he is accomplishing under awful pass protection conditions.

Last edited:

Oregon State quarterback Chance Nolan was electric with 213 yards passing and four touchdowns while completing 15 of his 19 throws with two intercepted passes. He added 57 yards rushing to complement running back B.J. Taylor, who ran for 158 yards in 23 attempts.

Another old rival with standards....

"Lunsford exits the school amid his fourth full-time season with a record of 28-21. He took over as the interim coach at Georgia Southern in 2017 and held onto the job."

Another classic from last season. 😂😂

Reactions: MTTim and MTOleBlue
Yet, we go through this same exercise every Summer for the last 17 years expecting different results and still no outright conference title. As a fan/alum, one eventually becomes numb to it no matter how many Blue Raider Blitzes they schedule.

True definition of insanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT