ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 1-2

I don't remember my exact prediction for the season, but we will not finish with more than 7 wins (including bowl game).

Pretty sad considering we supposedly have our best team in years. Senior stud QB, junior and senior laden roster, a wide open conference.....and we will come up short yet again.

I would love to be wrong. I welcome the team to prove me wrong. But after 13 years, I'm done hoping and expecting anything more than the usual with this program.

We will know more after our next two games. FAU is just about a must win.

At the very least today we were able to run some and no sacks allowed.

FAU is just about a must win.

All things considered, it is not "about a must win" - I would say it's an absolute 100% must win.

Starting the season 1-3 and 0-1 in conference with a loss to the preseason favorite to win it all is unacceptable. We have the best QB ever in program history supposedly who happens to be the head coaches son....it's his senior year. We have a senior and junior laden roster to back him up. We get the conference preseason favorite in our stadium coming off a bye week. If not now, when????????

It is time to make a statement, break-through our middle of the pack history, and take this conference by the horns. The conference is wide-open. Stockstill has been here 13 years and still has never fielded the best team in the conference. The time is now.

FAU is just about a must win.

All things considered, it is not "about a must win" - I would say it's an absolute 100% must win.

Starting the season 1-3 and 0-1 in conference with a loss to the preseason favorite to win it all is unacceptable. We have the best QB ever in program history supposedly who happens to be the head coaches son....it's his senior year. We have a senior and junior laden roster to back him up. We get the conference preseason favorite in our stadium coming off a bye week. If not now, when????????

It is time to make a statement, break-through our middle of the pack history, and take this conference by the horns. The conference is wide-open. Stockstill has been here 13 years and still has never fielded the best team in the conference. The time is now.

I agree. It’s time. We’ve lost to a team competing for a NC and another team that is pretty good (looks like Vandy will lose 22-17 to ND).

All of our goals are in front of the team still - for all that is good we are due to win a game that matters to us, that game is in two weeks.

The irony of coach stock teams: After a disappointing start, MT will play well if not beat one of the conf contenders early in conf play. Then just as MT looks ready to make a run at the top of the conference, the team will lose game or games they had no business losing. I wouldn't be surprised to see that same sort of trend continue this year.

The one bright spot is we rushed for more yards today than we did against Vandy or UTM and did very well on first down running the ball. We simple don't make any special plays anywhere, no diving catches, etc. On D, its looks like our secondary is just out of most plays, desperately need to get healthy back there.

UGA was soooo fast. Their O line was massive. I couldn't believe how large their corners were. Geez, hard to match up with any of them anywhere.

In 2000,we were lambasted 55-0 by a then #3 Florida squad under Zook. I guess I will give Stock the benefit of the doubt on this one, however, our Vandy performance in the second half and the score against Martin just doesn’t look good.

Yes, the team’s goals of winning conference championship are still there but my confidence is way off. I hope we win out and play Kentucky close.

Reactions: Hop45
In 2000,we were lambasted 55-0 by a then #3 Florida squad under Zook. I guess I will give Stock the benefit of the doubt on this one, however, our Vandy performance in the second half and the score against Martin just doesn’t look good.

Yes, the team’s goals of winning conference championship are still there but my confidence is way off. I hope we win out and play Kentucky close.

I like your optimism but beating UK is not an option. Neither is winning out.

Keep the faith. There are at least four winnable games left on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT